How Much Do Guidance Counselors Make
Guidance Counselor Salary
The average guidance counselor salary as of 2013 is $51,000 A guidance counselor is important in the life of students and his duties include offering academic counseling to students who struggle with classes, meeting with the students’ parents to discuss the students’ personal problems and their effects on the students’ academic performance, and helping high school students prepare for college and the work world after leaving high school. Guidance counselors also recommend drug treatment programs to students with drug addiction issues and they give career assessments to students.
Guidance Counselors From These Universities Get Better Job Opportunities
Grand Canyon University - B.S - Secondary Education: Business Education, M.Ed in Secondary Education (Leads to initial teacher licensure) & M.Ed. in Elementary Education (Leads to initial teacher licensure).
Grand Canyon University is a premier private university and has been helping their Teaching students to achieve their potential by landing them the career of their dreams. Grand Canyon University also encourages students to apply Christian values & ethic in their workplace.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
Liberty University is one of our top universities if you are interested in becoming a Teacher. Pioneering distance education since 1985, Liberty University now enrolls more than 90,000 students from around the world in its thriving online program. With more than 160 fully accredited programs of study, Liberty University Online offers degrees from the certificate to the postgraduate level.
Walden University Teaching degree programs are customized to advance your knowledge and help students apply that knowledge to their careers as Teachers. Walden University also provides excellent student support and guidance.
Kaplan University is one of our top accounting universities. They provide exclusive accounting degree programs dedicated to undergraduate, graduate and post graduates. KU provides intensive and comprehensive education both onsite and online to excel their students in academic achievement.
Factors Affecting How Much Do Guidance Counselors Make In 2013 :-
- Guidance Counselor: $51,000
- Elementary Guidance Counselor: $56,000
- Secondary Guidance Counselor: $60,000
- Public K-12 Education: $32,982 – $69,848
- Education: $32,852 – $69,702
- College or University: $32,809 – $69,345
- Female: $34,993 – $50,617
- Male: $35,531 – $59,715
- Master of Education in Counseling: $39,000 – $70,000
- Master of Science in School Counseling: $27,000 – $68,184
By Years of Experience
- Less than 1 year: $38,000 – $48,000
- 1 to 4 years: $24,548 – $49,140
- 5 to 9 years: $35,000 – $62,464
- 10 to 19 years: $35,508 – $81,094
- 20 years or more: $56,000 – $75,500
- National Certified School Counselor (NCSC): $36,065 – $62,295
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC): $32,500 – $60,000
- Kansas: $52,000
- Rhode Island: $58,000
- Maine: $52,000
- Iowa: $53,000
- Tennessee: $54,000
- Hawaii: $42,000
- Colorado: $50,000
- Texas: $54,000
- Connecticut: $62,000
- Massachusetts: $65,000
How to Become a Guidance Counselor
Aside from a bachelors degree in a major such as psychology, secondary education or social work, guidance counselors will also need a master’s degree in educational psychology or another related field to work as a counselor in most states. If your focus will be career counseling, you want to specialize in it while getting your masters degree. Guidance counselors will also need a license in most states and they obtain it through an exam.
Find Your Degree Now
What people are searching:
- how much do guidance counselors make (26)
- how much does a guidance counselor make (10)
- how much do guidance counselors make in Colorado (1)